State Plan Development Committee
June 8, 2016
2 – 4 p.m.
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI
Attendance: Ray Bandusky (DLC); Carmen Boucher (DOH); Lorna Ricci (OSCIL); Jack Ringland, Council Chair; Christie Hammond (ORS); Barbara Ringland; Margie Molloy, Council Vice Chair.
Guest/Public: Lori DiOrio (ORS); Helen Iasimone (OSCIL).
Interpreters: Dorothy Hodge.
1. Welcome and Introductions: Jack Ringland welcomed everyone. Quorum present.
2. Approval of June 1, 2016 minutes: Jack Ringland read aloud the minutes for June 1st. Lorna made a motion to accept the minutes, Barbara second the motion. Minutes were approved as written.
3. SPIL main goals continued from June 1, 2016:
· Committee agreed to change Goal 5, Objective 1 to Increase membership. The committee discussed the following ways to increase membership; membership campaign, website driven, needs assessment membership driven and outreach.
· Committee discussed the following:
o Establish a FY20I7 training schedule.
o Create a handbook members would be given upon nomination.
o Add a training component to quarterly meetings; an example discussed was Uniform Grant training.
o Provide opportunity for annual review.
o By the end of the FY 2017secure a meeting facilitator.
4. Develop SPIL Resource Plan: Copies of a draft budget was distributed and discussed.
5. Inputting of information into SPIL template: Ray made a motion for Jack to send a request that Lorna be approved as an alternate and have access to the SPIL template for entering data.
6. New business: none.
7. Next meeting scheduled for June 15, 2016: The Committee needs to discuss the resource plan, review the information entered into the template and discuss the staffing needs for the Council for 2017-2019.
Meeting was adjourned at 4 p.m.