State Plan Development Committee
April 27, 2016
2 – 4 p.m.
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI
Attendance: Ray Bandusky (CAP); Carmen Boucher (DOH); Christine Hammond (ORS); Margaret Molloy, Council Vice Chair; Lorna Ricci (OSCIL); Barbara Ringland; Jack Ringland, Council Chair.
Guest/Public: Laurie DiOrio (ORS); Alyssa Gleason (GCD); Helen Iasimone (OSCIL).
Staff: Rick Costa, Executive Coordinator.
Interpreters: Dorothy Hodge.
1. Welcome and Introductions: Ray Bandusky welcomed everyone. Quorum present.
2. Approval of April 13, 2016 minutes: previously sent. Minutes were approved as written.
3. May 18, 2016 Public Hearing: The committee reviewed and discussed making changes to the FY 14-16 public hearing PowerPoint. Jack Ringland will send each committee member a copy of the document. He suggested a small group meet to put the PowerPoint together and to present it to the committee at the May 11 meeting for approval. The Notice of Public Hearing posted on the Secretary of State’s website was read aloud. It was suggested that it be sent to all contacts on the SILC List Serve. The ACL MIS SPIL template was distributed to committee members. Several SPIL sections were assigned and are to be completed by the May 11, 2016 meeting. Sections were assigned as follows: Laurie DiOrio and Alyssa Gleason, DSU/DSE sections; Lorna Ricci, Center sections; staff, SILC sections. Jack Ringland stated that Barbara Henry had resigned via an e-mail message. A discussion ensued concerning the Council’s noncompliance with the requirement that minimum of 51% of membership must be persons with a disability and not employed by the State or Center. The Council recruitment efforts must concentrate on consumer membership to become compliant. The committee directed Lorna Ricci and Helen Iasimone to review their marked up draft version of the SPIL goals, objectives and activities and to send a clean version to the committee members for review and comments by the May 11 meeting. The final draft version is to be presented and reviewed by the committee at the May 11 meeting.
4. Develop SPIL main goals: continued from April 20, 2016: The Committee discussed Goals 3 and Goals 4 related to the Center services. Minor changes were made to the related objectives and activities. Several changes were also made to the SILC activities.
5. New business:
6. Next meeting scheduled for May 11