NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
RI STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL, PURSUANT TO RI OPEN MEETING LAWS,
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL AND TO THE GE NERAL
PUBLIC THAT A MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WILL BE HELD AS SPECIFIED BELOW. ONLY M ATTERS ON THE AGENDA M AY BE DISCUSSED AND CONSIDERED. TO PROPOSE AN AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT THE SILC OFFICE.
State Plan Development Meeting
2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Committee Membership Status --
3. Approval of March 9, 2016 minutes and March 16, 2016 minutes
4. State Plan Committee recommendations to Full Council
· Discuss and vote on whether the Council shall designate the Governors Commission on Disabilities (GCD) as the Designated State Entity (DSE) in the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) as
required by 796c. State Plan (c) Designation of State Entity.
1. Potential Motion: To designate the GCD as the DSE, in the SPIL as required by 796c. State Plan (c) Designation of State of State Entity.
· Discuss and vote on which option for Amending 16 H 7454 Budget Article 4 Relating to Government Organization. to accomplish the transfer from ORS to GCD.
1. Potential Motions: To support Option A to simply amend the
Commissions Statute Chapter 42-51 as proposed.
2. To support Option A and B to replace Executive Order 93-23 with a statute establishing the RI SILC as a not-for-profit corporation as proposed.
5. SPIL agendas/timeline -- adjustments to schedule
· Timeline from GCD
6. List priorities and unmet needs using reports
· 2014-5 Needs Assessment Survey
· 2013 and 2014-15 Needs Assessment Comparison report
· GCD Public Forum Summary
· OSCIL Consumer Satisfaction Reports
· Current SPIL Goals
· Council Strategic Plan and its relation to SPIL development
7. Develop mission using logic model
8. Develop main goals using logic model
9. Review and assign responsibilities
Environmental Access: We ask that you use unscented personal care products and that you not wear perfumes or scents. Please realize what may seem to you to be a mild fragrance can constitute a toxic exposure for a person with environmental illness.
Anyone requiring special accommodations must call Lisel Rockwood at 337-5888 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Interpreter