Members Present: Ray Bandusky; Carmen Boucher (DOH); Christine Hammond (ORS); Margaret Molloy, Vice Chair; Lorna Ricci, CIL Representative; Barbara Ringland; Jack Ringland, Chair.
Members Absent: Kathy Kindelan.
Guests: Anabela Azevedo; Bob Cooper (DSE); Vincent DeJesus; Laurie DiOrio (DSU); Alyssa Gleason (GCD); Helen Iasimone (OSCIL); Jeanne Panarace; Don Rhodes.
Staff: Rick Costa, Executive Coordinator; Lisel Rockwood, Assistant to the Executive Coordinator.
Interpreter: Dorothy Hodge.
CART: Nicole Reis
Meeting called to order at 1:05. Quorum was present (7/7).
1. Welcome and Introductions: Jack Ringland welcomed everyone, self-introductions were made.
Minutes of April 20, 2016: Copies distributed. Minutes were accepted as written.
3. Membership issues:
· Jack Ringland announced that Carmen Boucher will sit as an ex officio member on the Governor’s Advisory Council for the Blind and Visually Impaired representing the SILC.
· Membership recommendation: Jack Ringland stated that the following people will be submitted for membership recommendations: Anabela Azevedo, Vincent DeJesus, Jeanne Panarace, and Don Rhodes. Each nominee gave a short synopsis of their background and qualifications. A motion was made by Lorna Ricci and seconded by Barbara Ringland to recommend and submit all four names to the Governor’s Office for Council appointment. For: Ray Bandusky; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Barbara Ringland; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed (5/0).
4. State Plan Committee recommendation:
· Approve minutes from June 15, 2016: Copies distributed. Minutes were approved as written.
· Presentation and discussion of the SPIL FY 17-19: Copies of the SPIL were distributed. Ray Bandusky, State Plan Committee Chair, presented the SPIL and officiated over the discussion. Twelve incomplete segments were identified and assigned as follows:
o Section 1.2 Objectives (three bullets) – Lorna Ricci
o Section 1.3A Financial Chart - Laurie DiOrio
o Section 1.3B(2) Financial Plan Narratives - Laurie DiOrio
o Section 1.3B(3) Financial Plan Narratives - Laurie DiOrio
o Section 5.1A SILC - Jack Ringland
o Section 5.1B SILC (three bullets) - Lorna Ricci
o Section 5.4 SILC (two bullets) - Lorna Ricci
Bob Cooper presented the SILC resource plan and explained the state requirements. Copies were distributed.
· Vote to approve FY 2017-19: A motion was made by Barbara Ringland and seconded by Margie Molloy to approve the FY 17-19 State Plan as presented with the understanding that sections need to be completed as noted above, and that the completed SPIL will be email to all members upon completed for further comment. For: Ray Bandusky; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Barbara Ringland; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed (5/0)
· Signing of the SPIL: The signature sheet representing the approval of the SPIL was signed in triplicate by Jack Ringland, Lorna Ricci, and Bob Cooper. The Lobbying form was signed by Jack Ringland.
5. New Business: Jack Ringland asked for a motion to purchase Accessible RI booklets for distribution at the July 4th concerts. Margie Molloy made a motion to purchase 100 booklets with an approximate cost of $1000. For: Ray Bandusky; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Barbara Ringland; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed (5/0).
6. Announcements: The next Council meeting will be at OSCIL on August 17, 2016 from 1 – 3 p.m.