Members Present: Barbara Henry; Kathy Kindelan, Treasurer; Siera Leone, Secretary; Margaret Molloy; Vice Chair; Lorna Ricci, CIL Representative; Jack Ringland, Chair.
Members Absent: Ray Bandusky; Barbara Ringland.
Nominated Member Present: Christine Hammond (DSU).
Nominated Member Absent: Carmen Boucher (DOH)
Guests: Laurie DiOrio (DSU); Patrick Melfi (MPTN); Ron Racine (DSU); Helen Asimone (OSCIL).
Staff: Rick Costa, Executive Coordinator; Lisel Rockwood, Assistant to the Executive Coordinator.
Interpreter: Dorothy Hodge.
Meeting called to order at 1:08 p.m. Quorum was present (5/8).
1. Welcome and Introductions: Jack Ringland welcomed everyone, self-introductions were made, and meeting etiquette reviewed.
· Minutes of December 9, 2015: previously sent. Lorna Ricci made a request to change the wording of her motion on item #5. A motion was made by Margie Molloy seconded by Sierra Leone to table the approval of the minutes pending a review of the meeting recording. For: Barbara Henry; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy. Against: Lorna Ricci. Abstention: Jack Ringland. Motion passed (3/1). Lorna requested that meeting minutes be sent out within a week after meetings to members who had made motions.
· Council Calendar as Revised: distributed. No vote taken.
· 704 Part 1 Report: previously sent. A motion was made by Margie Molloy seconded by Barbara Henry to approve and submit the report as written. For: Barbara Henry; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed unanimously. The signature approval page was signed by Chair Jack Ringland on behalf of the Council and Ron Racine (DSU).
· Ray Bandusky as State Plan Chair: A motion as made by Lorna Ricci seconded by Barbara Henry to approve Ray Bandusky as the State Plan Chair. For: Barbara Henry; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed unanimously.
Kathy Kindelan joined the meeting.
· Traumatic Brain Injury Conference attendance: A motion was made by Barbara Henry and seconded by Margie Molloy to approve $200 for two people to attend the conference as exhibitors. For: Barbara Henry; Kathy Kindelan; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed unanimously.
3. DSE Selection: A letter from the Office of Rehabilitation Services (ORS) was read aloud stating that the ORS was not interested in being the Council’s Designated State Entity (DSE) for the FY 2017-19 State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL). ORS offered their support to the Council in reaching out to agencies and providing information to prospective DSEs. Ron Racine stated that ORS’s legal counsel had contacted the Governor’s office concerning the Executive Order. Laurie DiOrio suggested that the Council investigate the mechanism to transfer funds from the ACL to the new DSE. Lorna Ricci made a motion to ratify the course of action already in place with the GCD. Motion was not seconded. Barbara Henry made a motion seconded by Margie Molloy to authorize the State Plan Committee to explore eligible state agencies including the GCD. For: Barbara Henry; Kathy Kindelan; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed unanimously. The State Plan Committee will report back to the Council in April.
4. Establish Committees
· Membership – Margie Molloy volunteered to Chair the committee.
· Finance – Kathy Kindelan, Treasurer, will Chair the Committee; Barbara Henry volunteered to be on the committee. Barbara Ringland was suggested as a possible committee member.
5. Establish Ad Hoc Committees
· ILRU Strategic Plan: passed to State Plan Committee to incorporate into the SPIL.
· Bylaws / Policies & Procedures – tabled.
· Training Manual – tabled.
6. Elections of Council Officers: A motion was made by Barbara Henry seconded by Margie Molloy to leave officers in their current position until the annual meeting in October with the exception of Siera Leone who has resigned her position. For: Barbara Henry; Kathy Kindelan; Siera Leone; Margaret Molloy; Lorna Ricci; Jack Ringland. Against: none. Motion passed unanimously.
7. Reports: all reports were previously sent electronically and also distributed with the exception of the CIL Part 2 704. A summary of the CIL Part 2 704 was distributed.
· NCIL—Jack Ringland
· SILC Congress—Barbara Henry
· CIL Part 2 704—Lorna
· Designated Liaisons
a. SRC—Jack Ringland
b. NFB—Barbara Henry
c. ATAC—Barbara Henry
d. GCD—Jack Ringland
e. Cross Disabilities Coalition—Jack Ringland
8. Council signers/approval process: tabled.
9. Announcements: tabled.
Meeting was adjourned at 3:04 p.m.
_____________ (Sec Pro Tem)