NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
RI STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL, PURSUANT TO RI OPEN MEETING LAWS,
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL AND TO THE GE NERAL
PUBLIC THAT A MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WILL BE HELD AS SPECIFIED BELOW. ONLY M ATTERS ON THE AGENDA M AY BE DISCUSSED AND CONSIDERED. TO PROPOSE AN AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT THE SILC OFFICE.
Full Council Meeting
1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI
· Welcome and Introductions
· April 20, 2016 minutes
· Membership Issues
· Carmen Boucher to sit as an ex officio member on the Governor’s
Advisory Council for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
· Membership appointment recommendations:
o Anabela Azevedo o Vincent DeJesus o Jeanne Panarace
· State Plan Committee Report:
· Approve minutes from June 15, 2016
· Presentation and discussion of the State Plan for Independent
Living for FY 2017 thru 2019.
· Vote to approve FY 17-19 SPIL
· Signing of the SPIL by Council Chair, CIL Representative and DSE Representative
· Thank you for all your hard work!
· New business:
ü Full Council Meeting: OSCIL August 17, 2016 1 to 3 PM
Environmental Access: We ask that you use unscented personal care products and that you not wear perfumes or scents. Please realize what may seem to you to be a mild fragrance can constitute a toxic exposure for a person with environmental illness.
Anyone requiring special accommodations must call Lisel Rockwood at 337-5888 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Interpreter already confirmed.