NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
RI STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL, PURSUANT TO RI OPEN MEETING LAWS,
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE STATEWIDE INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL AND TO THE GE NERAL
PUBLIC THAT A MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WILL BE HELD AS SPECIFIED BELOW. ONLY M ATTERS ON THE AGENDA M AY BE DISCUSSED AND CONSIDERED. TO PROPOSE AN AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT THE SILC OFFICE.
Full Council Meeting
1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI
1. Welcome and Introductions
· December 9, 2016 minutes
· April 6, 2016 minutes
· To allocate funds to attend this Upcoming event:
1. NCIL Conference: Sunday, July 24 thru Thursday, July 28
3. OSCIL Report
4. Finance Committee:
· Formed at last meeting. Kathy, Barbara R. and Lorna.
· Discussion of Council input in development of SPIL Resource plan for FY17 -FY 19.
5. Membership Issues
· Present Membership Committee Status: Margie Molloy volunteered to be on committee. Need 2 more members.
1. Recruitment Protocol and Procedures. Discuss. What do we currently have?
· Resignation of Secretary: Need to elect a replacement.
· Necessary to appoint a member to sit as an ex officio member on the Governor’s Advisory Council for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Must be Chair or designee. This is by regulation. (RIGL 40-9-3)
· Necessary to have at least one representative from RI SILC to be on the State Rehabilitation Council. Must be Chair or other designee. Currently we are okay. (34CFR 361.17}
· Membership recommendations:
6. Establish Ad Hoc Committees
· Bylaws Review and Policies and Procedures development
· Training Manual update as needed.
7. Council signers and approval process— As referenced in ARTICLE X: Section Three. Checks and Negotiable Instruments.
8. TBI Conference Report: Mailed out to membership on April 7, 2016
9. State Plan Committee Report:
· GCD Commissioners met on April 11 and unanimously approved becoming DSE.
· Necessity of requesting an extension
· Discussion on Council input of goals for SPIL
ü Next meeting: State Plan Meeting April 27, 2016 2 to 4 PM
ü Open House: Warwick Public Library, May 18, 2 to 4:30 PM
ü Full Council Meeting: OSCIL June 15, 2016 1 to 3 PM
Environmental Access: We ask that you use unscented personal care products and that you not wear perfumes or scents. Please realize what may seem to you to be a mild fragrance can constitute a toxic exposure for a person with environmental illness.
Anyone requiring special accommodations must call Lisel Rockwood at 337-5888 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Interpreter already confirmed.