Bi-Monthly Council Meeting
2:00 to 3:45 p.m.
OSCIL, 1944 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI 02889
1. Welcome and Introductions
· February 17, 2016 minutes
· Upcoming events
1. Summer Solstice Festival June 18 ?? Reported that we were missed last year. Day long at Diamond Hill SP in Cumberland. N/C.
2. Bristol 4th Concerts: June 19 thru July 3rd. N/C. Rec’d about 25 requests for info last year.
3. Senior Expo October 21, 2016. Crowne Plaza.
3. State Plan Committee Report:
· Vote by the Council to approve designating the Governor’s Commission on Disabilities (GCD) to be the Designated State Entity (DSE) in the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) as required by 796c. State Plan – (c) Designation of State Entity.
· Discuss and vote on which option for Amending 16 H 7454 Budget Article 4 Relating to Government Organization. to accomplish the transfer from ORS to GCD.
1. Potential Motions: To support Option A – to simply amend the Commission’s Statute Chapter 42-51 as proposed. NOTE: This is the Option the State Plan Committee recommended in a 3 to 2 vote.
2. To support Option A and B to replace Executive Order 93-23 with a statute establishing the RI SILC as a not-for-profit corporation as proposed.
4. OSCIL Report
5. SPIL Progress
· SILC Goals in State Plan
6. 704 FY 2015 Part 1 Status: Report submitted and approved
7. Finance Committee: Formation. Develop Council’s resource Plan for FY 17 thru FY 19.
8. Membership Committee
· Present Status: Currently, membership stands at 9. 2 are non-voting; Carmen and Christine because they work for state agencies. Of the 7 voting members; Lorna and Margie are classed as not having a disability because they work for OSCIL and Ray who doesn’t have a disability. The 4 with a disability are; Jack, Barbara R., Barbara H. and Kathy.
We need 5 present to make a quorum. All members are counted. We need a simple majority of the voting members present to have a vote.
We are presently out of compliance with the regs. Because we only have 4 of the 9 that are disabled. Therefore, our next 2 recommendations need to be disabled to get back into compliance. We need to recruit more because we have 2 non-disabled waiting for recommendation.
· Resignation of Secretary: Need to choose a replacement.
· Recruitment Protocol and Procedures. Send out what we have.
9. Establish Ad Hoc Committees
· Bylaws review/ Policies and Procedures
· Training Manual
10. Council signers and approval process
Environmental Access: We ask that you use unscented personal care products and that you not wear perfumes or scents. Please realize what may seem to you to be a mild fragrance can constitute a toxic exposure for a person with environmental illness.